March 20, 2021
Join us virtually at the
NAGCR Online GatheRing
Saturday, March 20th, 1:00pm to 6:00pm EST
Click here for details
In addition to many ringing opportunities, the GatheRing will feature
- Methodoku - Mark Davies, the inventor of these addictive puzzles wil explain how the 'mashup of Sudoku and bell-ringing' came about and how they work
- YOU Can Call Touches of Plain Bob Doubles! - If you’re comfortable ringing Plain Bob Doubles (PBD) but haven’t ever called a touch of it, why not live dangerously, and give it a try! Don Morrison will talk in Zoom about how to call your first touch of PBD. Then you can try it in a “practical” session to follow in Ringing Rooms with Discord.
- If you think you might want to try calling some touches after the YOU Can Call Touches of Plain Bob Doubles! session, please sign up here. If we get too many people, we’ll offer more sessions at another OGR
- Intro to Method Diagrams and Ringing Terms and Notation - Have you wondered what the circled numbers to the right of a method diagram mean? Or the letters (W, M, H, etc.)? Or the pairs of numbers to the left of the diagram? Quilla Roth will try to demystify these and other ringing notations, terms, and concepts that can seem mysterious at first encounter.
- Pub Time - Take a breather from virtual ringing and join us on Zoom. Meet new folks, old friends. Use Discord to breakout (in the Pub channels) if you like.
If you are joining for the first time, click here for step-by-step instructions and technical assistance if you need it.
Please let me know if you have any questions and/or comments.
We look forward to seeing (or hearing) everyone!
North American Guild of Change Ringers Public Relations Officer